Millions of consumers are turning to social media sites to find credible information about businesses and their products. So if you are a small business looking to increase customer base, it is time to design an integrated social media management strategy to engage with customers and target audience in order to increase conversion rate.
What is a Conversion Rate
Conversion rate is a simple measure of the number of website visitors who make a purchase. The highest the conversion rate of your business is, the more sales you make. If you run an ecommerce website, it is indispensable to promote your products and services through various online marketing tools, including social media marketing, pay-per-click ad campaigns, search engine optimization, email marketing, and print advertising.
How You Can Use Social Media to Increase Conversion Rate
An attractive and easy-to-use website design and a dedicated social media marketing campaign can give your business the much-needed boost, expanding your reach to a wider audience, thus helping convert traffic into leads and contributing to the overall conversion rate. An increasing number of people use social networks to search for information, reviews, feedback about a specific business or product.
- Start by creating your business page in different social media networks to build a network of dedicated followers interested in your services and increase your site’s traffic. Marketing your products and services on social media offers you better exposure online and helps you optimize the conversion rate of your website. Social media marketing increases the stream of traffic to your website, helps in lead generation, and provides the best platform to communicate with your audience in a quick and efficient manner.
- Use compelling, self-explanatory headlines when posting links via Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
- Establish a credible reputation on social media. In this regard, you can use a social media widget for visitors and target audience on your website to see all the shares, likes, pins, and tweets, giving them a social proof of your credibility. With this, they will understand you are a trusted authority and won’t hesitate to return.
- Engage in constant conversation with customers. However, it is important to ensure that your business develops a habit of listening to the customer first. In fact, your social strategy should be aligned with likes and preferences of your customers.
- Post polls, contests, questions, quizzes, case studies, videos, giving the clients relevant information and be convincing enough to drive visitors to your website. Incorporate your brand in all that you do, because you want visitors to remember you and return for actual shopping. This will help greatly help to increase conversion rate of your website.
- Send social media traffic to a targeted, optimized landing page complementing the tone of your social media presence. If you can create a different landing page for each of the social media channels, nothing better than that.
- Use content marketing to share valuable content and build a community around it. This would help you earn greater trust on social media channels, thus causing the conversion rate to increase.
- Provide a short call to action on your social media profile, besides your business website. If you allow visitors to take an action that doesn’t require much commitment from them, you can boost the conversion rate and also gain necessary information to target the visitor for communications in the future.
- Offer instant auto-generated coupons when hosting sweepstakes, contests, or retweeting events. This shall prompt them to explore your ecommerce store and act quickly. Short deadlines work wonders in this case, and customers would be more inclined to return and make actual purchase. Also, by sending auto-generated coupons for next purchase, you certainly raise the chance of the present customer return for more in the hope of a better deal. It is always better to send a printed coupon on the packing slip along with the shipment.
With so many competitors around your small business, it is indeed essential to make visitors realize that you stand apart from others, giving them clear reasons why they should use your services. Your social media management strategy will surely work wonders only if you know how to use it to your benefit!